This is very often asked question by people. They want to know “How to block website in PC windows?” it doesn’t matter whether it is windows 10 or 7 or 8. So in this article, I am gonna share with you methods which will help you to block websites on your PC.
Block Website In PC Windows 10
Well, it is not too easy to block any website on your PC. It requires a good knowledge of computers to block any website in PC. So in this article, I will tell you a way or method which you can easily apply on your PC in order to block websites in PC windows 10.
- Read Also: How To Earn Money While Playing Games?
I am gonna share with you 3 methods to block websites in PC windows 10. Let me tell you one thing this method is applicable to Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7. So don’t be panic that I am only focused on windows 10. I am talking about windows 10 because it is the latest version and many of you are using it.
- Read Also: How To Compress Photos In Android?
The first and second method is depending on one software which you have to download and run it on your PC. And the last method is based on computer knowledge. In the last method, you need to very careful about everything because one single mistake can hurt you most.
Ways To Block Website In PC Windows 10
If you are parents then you want to be your child must not visit some specific website of social media, porn, etc. So in this article, you will get to know how to deal with such kinds of problems. So let’s start with our 1st method in which we are going to use one software.
- Read Also: How To Schedule Messages In WhatsApp Android
Block Website In PC Windows 10 Using HT Employee Monitor
Here “HT Employee Monitor” is a software which will help you to block websites. You can download this software from here. Using this software I am going to tell you the first two methods. In the first method, you can limit the time to use that particular website.
For example, you want your child to use the YouTube, Facebook not more than 2 hours then you can limit it. Now let’s go know this method.
1) First Method to Limit the use of Particular Website
- Hope you have downloaded and run HT Employee Monitor on your computer.
- Now go to website limiting section, it will look like the below-provided image.
- You can see that there is an option of adding websites setting maximum time to use it.
- You just need to set everything according to you and click on “Apply”.
Yeah, you have done. Now anyone who will use that computer or PC would no longer use that specified website above granted time to use it. This is one of the way to block website in PC windows 10.
2) Second Method to Block Website In Pc Windows 10
This method also uses the same software. But in this case, you permanently block a particular website. For example, you want to block adult content, gambling websites. You can block them using this method.
- You must have HT Employee Monitor on your PC.
- Now go to website blocking section.
- Over there you can select categories which you want to block also you can specify which website you want to block if it is not present there simply by adding its URL.
- Once you have set now click on “Apply”.
This is how you can block website in PC windows 10 with the help of HT Employee Monitor. This is very easy anyone can do it. You just need to download and run this software on your PC and follow the instruction in given order.
But the main thing is that this software is paid but you can use it for 15 days free. You can analyze how is working? If you feel it’s good then you can buy this software. But let me tell you this is awesome software it provides you many other options also which can help you in other fields too.
You can observe how much time your child on a particular website? How many websites he/she visited? You can also block an application which is an awesome part of it.
Now the last method which is free to use. Using this method you can block a website in PC windows 10 without paying a single paise or cent. But follow it very strictly because a mistake here can hurt you most.
3) Block Website By Editing Host file
Here you just have to edit your host file which is present on your computer.
- Open the following path: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
- Now open “hosts” this file I will recommend you use Notepad to edit it.
- Now add the URL’s you want to block with their respective IP addresses at the end of the file.
- The below screenshot will help you to better understand.
- Now save it.
You have done you have blocked those websites without paying a single paise or cent. This is how you can block a website in PC windows 10.
Hope you like all three methods. But I will recommend you to use software if you can pay some money. Because it provides you much more features too. If you like this article then share this article with your friends and family members so they will also get information about this blocking.
If you have some other better idea to block any website in PC then please don’t forget to comment your knowledge in the comment section.