Google Assistant is one of the best AI assistant for you. If you have android phone then you might using it. But many times it becomes annoying for you to use it or handle it. So here in this article, I will tell you “How to disable Google Assistant On Your Android Device?”
Disable Google Assistant On Your Device
While reading this article, you might be confused why do anyone wants to disable Google Assistant? Because it is very helpful you can easily make a call, play song, games eventhough you can use it for your business purpose. We know Tech Giant Google always tries to improve its service towards users.
- Read Also: How To Capture 3D Photos On Facebook?
But sometimes it’s not possible to add a feature which everyone like, isn’t it? And there is also two big reasons why do people wants to disable Google Assistant? Here is the reason why people wants to disable Google Assistant,
- Lack of Trust: We all know to activate Google Assistant we need to say “Okay Google” What does it mean? It means every time the listener microphones listen what do you say every time? It means it also listens to your private talks that is why people want to disable it.
- Disturbing: Many times it happens Google Assistant open accidentally. You don’t want to open it but it does. Many times you accidentally long press on Home Button or your friend say “Okay Google” but your device get activated. So it seems to be disturbing.
But the biggest reason is only Lack of Trust. Because it may happen that they are recording your voice and if a data breach happens then you might lose your personal data too. Anyway, let’s come to our point how to disable Google Assistant on your Android Device.
To disable it you have to follow the below given steps in order to disable it.
Steps To Disable Google Assistant
Way to disable Google Assistant:
- First of all Open Google Assistant by mean of voice or home button.
- Now Click on the compass icon present over the right-hand corner.
- Now Click on three dots which is also present over the right-hand corner.
- You will see five options there you have to Click on Settings.
- Now change the tab to Assistant.
- Scroll down and find the option of Phone.
- Where you will see the three option you can see in the below screenshot.
- Just click on “Google Assistant” it will disable Google Assistant.
You did but let me tell you one thing by doing this you will only turn off voice assistant you won’t have turned off Google Assistant button. To turn it off i.e, completely disable Google Assistant you need to perform one more action which I have specified below.
- Read Also: How To Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages?
Steps To Disable Google Assistant Button:
To disable or deactivate Google Assistant Button you have to follow the below given steps,
- You go to your Phone Settings.
- Search for Installed Apps or find it.
- Now you will see three dots at the top right-hand corner.
- You have to select the Default apps option.
- Scroll down you will see an option of Assist & Voice input.
- Click on Assist App, you will see many options you need to click on None button.
Now you are done you have deactivated Google Assistant completely whether you say Okay Google or long press on Home Button it wouldn’t pop up. If you want to use Google Assistant again then turn on all the settings which you have turned off. This will again activate Google Assistant on your Android phone.
Hope you like this article, If you like this article then share this article with your friends and family if they are facing problem with Google Assistant then they can disable it. And if you have any doubt related to this article then do comment in the comment section.