Howdy, In this smart and advance world it is very complicated to secure your information. Nowadays our most of the crucial data is present in small-small USB drives. In order to protect our data, it is necessary to protect your USB drive. So in this article, we will get know “How to protect your USB drive free?”
Protect Your USB Drive Free
In this article, I am going to share with you “How you can protect your USB drive free?” Why I am saying free because there are n numbers of paid softwares are available to secure your USB. I am not saying they are bad, They are too good but they are also very costly. So here we will learn to add password to USB without using any kind of software.
- Read Also: How To Capture 3D Photos On Facebook?
Protect your USB drive free in any Windows Operating System. You just need to follow the steps which I have given below. But first, let us gain some information about USB drives.
USB stands for Universal Serial Bus nowadays USB drive has gained a significant role in our life. If you want to accumulate some kind of information on a single platform so that you can use that platform again and again then your first preference will be USB drives.
- Read Also: How To Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages?
Because it is easy to carry and you can store tremendous data or information in a single USB drive. Because nowadays USB drives have capacity up to 10TB. So these were some basic things about USB now let’s come to our main topic How to protect your USB drive free?
Steps To Add Password To Your USB Drive
This free method you can use on any Windows-based operating system. The method is known as BitLocker method.
Steps are as follows,
- First of all, insert that USB drive which you want to encrypt or to add a password.
- Now your inserted drive you can see in File Explorer. Once you see your drive right click on it.
- You will see multiple options there in which you have to click on Turn On BitLocker.
- Now you will see an option to add a password to your inserted drive.
- You need to enter a password and reenter that password. In this way, you will complete your process.
- You can save your password to your Microsoft account in case if you forget your password you can recover from there.
- Now it will start encrypting your USB drive so that password gets attached to it.
This is a way you can protect your USB drive free. There are also some of the awesome software which you can use. I have listed there name below you can have look,
These are the some awesome software you can use instead of BitLocker. Hope you like this article, If like this article then share this article with your friends and family. If you have any doubt related to this article, let me know in the comment section.